Each year we provide grants up to $10,000 for community projects and programs. These grants are aimed at helping groups who make a huge difference for those in need, but struggle to find funding through other avenues. They may be ineligible for government assistance, or be too small or lacking the right market appeal to attract the attention of larger organisations, but their causes are no less worthy and their needs are no less real.
If your organisation restores hope and builds dignity to those in need, then you may be eligible for financial support from the Sisters of Charity Foundation.
- The organisation’s mission and operations, and the proposed program, are consistent with the application guidelines of the Sisters of Charity Foundation, and must make a huge difference for those in need.
- The applicant is able to demonstrate the knowledge and the expertise necessary to implement the program as well as the skills necessary for the sustainable management of the program and the responsible stewardship of resources.
- The applicant organisation has the support of its Board, or in the case of an individual, the proposer’s supporting authority.
- The organisation is not-for-profit and has Income Tax Exempt Charity (ITEC) status or Deductable Gift Recipient (DGR) Item 1 status.
The Sisters of Charity Foundation favours programs that:
- restore hope and build dignity
- fall between the cracks of other funding sources
- are not associated with well established organisations with significant reserves and or are not capable of raising their own funds
- are not eligible for funding from government or other sources.
The Board of the Sisters of Charity Foundation Limited reserves the right to exercise its discretion in granting funds to support programs related to the mission of the Sisters of Charity and its ministries.
If you believe that your organisation fits this criteria, you can apply for a grant online.